Sunday, October 2, 2011

Smackdown 9-30-11

The Matches:

1. Mark Henry v. The Great Khali - 2 out of 5. Served it's purpose, but man did this hurt to watch.
2. Jack Swagger v. Evan Bourne - 3 out of 5. Vickie served up the interference her client needed to gain the advantage and make the high-flyer tap out.
3. Sin Cara v. Heath Slater - 3 out of 5. Yay, Heath! Poor Heath. Yay, Heel Cara with a new color combo! And a reference to their history in Mexico! This may be more interesting than I thought.
4. Kelly Kelly v. Natalya - 2 out of 5. Kelly won AGAIN?? *bangs head on wall* And then she botched her second Glam Slam in a week. Please, make it stop.
5. Sheamus v. Cody Rhodes - 3 out of 5. Good match from two guys I like a lot. Christian interfered and built the heat for his match with Sheamus rather nicely.
6. Zack Ryder v. JTG - 3 out of 5. I was surprised to see JTG get Smackdown time, but it was a good start for the quickly-rising Zack Ryder to get over without teammates, outside assistance, or opponents who are total jokes.
7. Randy Orton v. Christian - 4 out of 5. Oh, man, much as I want this "one more match" thing to end, I had somehow already forgotten how amazing these two guys are in the ring together. This was very near pay-per-view quality, and I loved it.


Now that we have an Evil Cara palette-swap, we're finally going to see these two in action against each other. Heel Cara has just been menacing his Face counterpart for the last few weeks, stealing his wins and causing his losses, but those days are behind us. I'm actually pretty excited to see these two in a ring together. Er, you know, actually wrestling. The only problem I have with it is the cage. I'll get to that in my predictions article, coming up right after this one!

Obligatory Woo Woo Woo Zack Ryder push excitement here!

The heels continue their consultation of David Otunga and his Harvard Law Degree, and I'm expecting next week to have Otunga call them to a meeting with the lawsuit all drawn up, probably resulting in them confronting Triple H at the end of the show. Also, I'm wondering why no one has told David how silly he looks. He needs to switch to a necktie and add a jacket at this point. With a briefcase. Bonus points if I.R.S. returns to television for semi-regular consultations.

Coming up next: predictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment